Network Systems Engineer: Position Summary
We are seeking Network Systems Engineers that will be responsible for the planning, configuration, and maintenance of our customer owned networks. Specifically these individuals will be responsible for the engineering, configuration, integration, and testing of various technologies used in our customer's secure network environment. This successful candidate should have background in the area of network management and operations. They will be responsible for the installation, testing and deployment of switches, routers and encryption devices. The candidate will be required to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems, perform O&M activities, perform strategic planning and provide technical insight and assist in planning network architectures and designs Responsible for creating and following standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 8+ years of related experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- This position requires candidates have an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
- Strong fundamental understanding of LAN/WAN theory including the OSI Model,TCP/IP addressing and subnetting, Spanning Tree switching protocol, OSPF and BGP routing protocols, and ATM.
- Strong oral and written communicaiton, customer service, and team-working skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. *Experience installing and configuring routers, switches, encryption devices, firewalls, etc. *Experience with network monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, Service on Data, and Vital Suite.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- CCNA certified *In depth hands-on experience with encryption technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of MPLS configuration.
- Experience in using isolators/sniffers to test and troubleshoot network problems.
- Proficiency with command line interfaces for Unix, Cisco, Juniper, and Marconi devices.
- Experience in using high-speed circuit testers to perform WAN acceptance testing from commercial carriers.
To apply, please email your resume to: Careers@TobiasSystems.com