The Linux Administrator implements, tests, and deploys various applications. Worker is confident and a self-starter that is productive in a fast-moving environment. Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group. Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, access, and backup for enterprise wide systems. Technologies supported include operating systems, servers, networks, system security, hardware and other software applications.
Linux Administrator: Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, configure, and upgrade Linux and Windows servers and related tool sets in a distributed data center environment using both physical servers and virtual hosts.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair systems related problems across multiple platforms in tightly coupled distributed environments.
- Perform and automate day to day operating tasks with scripting languages (shell, perl, etc.)
- Optimize, maintain, and update systems for optimum performance and security.
- Generate detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Design and implement system monitoring solutions to ensure performance and stability of production environment.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of enterprise wide backup operations using BackupExec / NetBackup.
- Assists with various system administrative tasks as needed to support multiple test and development environments.
- Provide administration and support for source code control (SVN) environment.
- Provides administration support for defect tracking tool (ClearQuest) environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert working in Linux systems environments including systems monitoring and scripting (shell, perl, etc).
- Ability and willingness to support a live 7x24 environment which may include second and third shift availability.
- Strong commitment to quality, customer service and on-time task completion.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, and shift rapidly between them while driving all toward completion.
- A strong work ethic, expressed through the willingness and ability to acquire new skills, multitask, and take on projects outside immediate areas of expertise.
- Solid, demonstrated problem solving skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a development staff, providing both support and systems-level recommendations as needed.
- Good knowledge of products and tools for all aspects of system management, including backup, network and system monitoring, scripting, automation, and security.
- Good knowledge of RAID and experience with SAN’s and related products for disk management (EMC and DELL preferred).
- Ability to work with hardware and software vendors in complex technical and troubleshooting scenarios.
- 7+ years Linux system administration experience in commercial production environments.
- Experienced and highly-functional in a command-line Linux environment.
- Experience with backup & recovery concepts, scenarios and tools, Symantec BackupExec / NetBackup preferred.
- Experience with server virtualization, high availability computing, disaster recovery planning and implementation, and development environments.
- Experience with administering SVN (preferred), CVS, and/or any other configuration management system is a plus.
- Experience with defect tracking tools (ClearQuest preferred) is a plus.
- Experience with Perl is a plus
- IBM DB2 knowledge is a plus
- IBM Websphere knowledge is a plus
- Java technology (an understanding of J2EE, JSP, JDBC, EJB, Servlets and Struts) is a plus Education:
- Degree with emphasis in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please email resume to: Careers@TobiasSystems.com